Criteria for consideration of individual financial assistance
- Applicant must be under active treatment for head and neck cancer or has undergone treatment for head and neck cancer by an established oncologist.
- There is no current insurance coverage for requested expenses.
- Applicant must meet income qualifications (see below for income guidelines)
- Eligible applicants must complete and submit the HNC Living Foundation Individual Application for Assistance.
- Expenses not related to head and neck cancer treatment or recovery
- Expenses that can be paid for through other community resources (i.e., emergency assistance funds for rent or utilities, food pantries)
- Expenses that are covered by private insurance, Medicare or Medicaid
- Debt reduction
- Home modifications
Review of applications and payment of grants:
- Requests of less than $1,000 will be reviewed and financial aid determined within 10 business days of receipt of completed application and supporting documents. Requests of more than $1,000 will be reviewed and financial aid determined within 30 days.
- Payment will be made directly to service providers or vendors for future services. No cash payments will go directly to the patient.
You must meet these financial guidelines to be considered for financial assistance. Your annual and/or monthly income (minus out-of-pocket medical expenses) must be at or below the following levels for the past 30 days:
|Household Size||Annual Income||Monthly Income|